BASE Air Management Ltd (“BASE”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals. BASE aims to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (the Act).
BASE dealers and installation partners are independent of BASE and may have privacy policies which differ from ours. BASE dealers and installation partners are responsible for their own privacy policies and privacy practices. Please contact your BASE dealer or installer directly for further information.
2. When do we collect personal information?
BASE collects personal information in a number of ways. The most common ways are described below.
We may collect your personal information directly from you, when you provide it to us or to our agents or contractors including when you:
- request a brochure, join a mailing list or request information including from the BASE website or at a BASE product demonstration event;
- enter a competition or respond to a survey;
- apply for a job at BASE; or
- conduct business with us.
We may collect your personal information via a BASE dealer or installation partner when you:
- purchase a BASE system, product or part from a BASE dealer;
- arrange for a BASE system, product or part to be fitted to your vehicle by a BASE dealer or installation partner; or
- have a BASE System, product or part serviced or repaired at a BASE dealer or installation partner.
- We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, from our related companies or from third parties (for example, from referees if you apply for a job with us).
3. What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which the information is collected.
BASE may collect contact details including your name, address, email address and phone and fax numbers. Where relevant, we may also collect your driver’s licence details, date of birth, gender, information about your vehicle (including its type, make, model, number plate and vehicle identification number), answers you provide to questions we ask and other information in relation to your dealings with BASE or BASE dealers or installation partners (such as the type of vehicle to which BASE products or parts and related BASE system components are fitted and replaced).
BASE does not require customers to provide any sensitive information. If you do provide sensitive information to us for any reason (for example, if you provide us with information about a disability you have or other health related information), you consent to us collecting that information and to us using and disclosing that information for the purpose for which you disclosed it to us and as permitted by the Act. In the case of business related purchases, sensitive information in relation to an individual’s membership of a trade or similar association may be provided to us but we do not actively seek this information and will not keep a record of it unless we need to for our business purposes.
4. What do we use personal information for?
The purposes for which we use your personal information will depend on the circumstances in which we collected it.
For example, we may use your personal information so that:
- we can do business together;
- we can consider you for employment or other relationships; or
- you can use our website.
We may use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purposes for which we collected it (and related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you);
- for other purposes to which you have consented; and
- as otherwise authorised or required by law.
Generally, we will only use and disclose the personal information that we collect about you for purposes connected with our business operations. These purposes may include:
- verifying your identity;
- contacting you (including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner);
- assessing your suitability for employment or other relationships with us;
- providing goods or services to you or receiving goods or services from you;
- addressing any issues or complaints that we or you have regarding our relationship; and
- developing and improving our business.
For example, when you purchase a BASE product from a BASE dealer or installation partner, we may use the information you provide (via the dealer or installation partner) to contact you with a reminder when the product is due for a service or maintenance check.
We may also use your personal information:
- to contact you with further information about, and to seek feedback on, our products and services and the products and services of BASE dealers and our third party marketing partners;
- to improve our products and services;
- to understand our customer base; and to evaluate BASE dealers and installation partners.
5. To whom do we disclose personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described in section 4 of this policy.
This may include disclosing your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- BASE dealers and installation partners;
- any third parties to whom you have directed us to disclose your personal information (e.g. referees);
- our related companies;
- our contractors (such as mailing houses, marketing agencies, insurance providers, website and data hosting providers and other IT suppliers) and others persons who perform services for us;
- companies who may use your personal information in order to tailor electronic advertising to you (e.g. on a webpage) in relation to our products and services;
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers;
- in the unlikely event that we or our assets may be acquired or considered for acquisition by a third party, that third party and its advisers;
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
Some information that you post to parts of our website or to our social media pages may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion is deciding what information you upload to such sites.
6. Does personal information leave Australia?
Some of the parties to whom we disclose personal information may be located outside Australia. For example, we may disclose personal information to our related companies overseas and to our overseas service providers.
7. Direct marketing
Direct marketing involves communicating directly with you for the purpose of promoting goods and services to you. Direct marketing can be delivered by a range of methods including mail, telephone, email, SMS or tailored advertising that is visible to you when you view a webpage. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing to you where:
- you have consented to us doing so; or
- it is otherwise permitted by law.
You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing by contacting us (see section 13 of this policy).
BASE will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, we exclude all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to, disclosure of, misuse of or loss or corruption of your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enable the server to collect information from the browser.
BASE uses technology such as “cookies” on its website and in emails you have agreed to receive from us. The use of “cookies” is an industry standard, and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website so that we can customise and improve our website and services.
The types of information stored by these “cookies” may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, details of your computer system, browser information, geolocation information, and details of pages visited (and for how long) and website functionality accessed.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your web browser. However, certain aspects of our website or particular functionality may not be available or may not perform optimally if you turn off cookies.
10. Links to other websites
The BASE website (and other materials we provide to you) may contain links to third party websites. The operators of those websites may have privacy policies and practices which differ from our own. BASE is not responsible for the content of any external website or the privacy practices of any third party.
11. Accessing and updating your personal information
You may seek access to personal information which BASE holds about you by contacting us as described in section 13 of this policy. We will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act, subject to certain exemptions which may apply. We may require that the person requesting access provide suitable identification and where permitted by law we may charge an administration fee for granting access to information.
If you become aware that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or if you wish to update your information, please contact BASE as described in section 13 of this policy.
If you wish to access, correct or update personal information held by a BASE dealer, please contact that BASE dealer directly.
12. Queries, comments and complaints
BASE will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
13. Contact details
Please address all privacy related queries, requests and complaints to BASE’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com or Level 26, 1 Bligh Street, Sydney 2000.